What is the process for applying for a TCEA scholarship or grant?
- Review the criteria and download the nomination form. Make sure it is the right criteria for the award you are working on.
- Follow the criteria EXACTLY. Even a small mistake can disqualify your nomination. Although each award has some different criteria, all of the following items are the same for each one.
- Fill out the nomination form. Make sure it is complete. Leave NO blanks.
- Make a ONE PAGE profile of the person. Profile requirements are different for each award so READ carefully and include everything asked for.
- Get required number of letters of recommendation. Make sure they are from the correct individuals and are ONLY one page long.
- If the award requires TCEA membership, make sure the person is a member.
- Make sure your entry makes the deadline. There is NO leeway; so an entry that is late is not considered.
To Submit the Application
Make sure the documents you share are not the only copies you have. Once nominations close, you will no longer be able to access the folder.
Please note: the links below list instructions for the Windows XP operating system. If you have another operating system you can select between WindowsXP, Vista/Win7, Mac, and Linux from the links on the upper right side of the page.
To create a Dropbox account.
To find out how to add files to your Dropbox.
To find out how to share folders with TCEA (
What happens after entries are received?
- 1.Entries not received by the due date are disqualified.
- 2.TCEA membership is verified for awards that require membership. Entries for nominees who are not current members are disqualified.
- 3.Judges determine finalists.
- 4.Finalists are notified via phone call before January 11, 2013.
- 5.All nominees are sent emails regarding their status after finalists are notified.
- 6.Finalists attend the TCEA Educator Awards Reception held Tuesday afternoon at theTCEA Convention & Exposition.
- a.Formal invitations are sent.
- b.Finalists may bring up to four guests.
- c.To receive monetary awards, finalists must fill out and sign a W-9 IRS form.
- 7.Winners are recognized at the opening general session of the annual TCEA Convention & Exposition on Wednesday.
- 8.Winners and runners up will be publicized in TCEA publications and website.
- 9.Press releases are sent to local media on winners and runners up.
Active TCEA board members are not eligible to receive these awards.
Applications must be received on or before October 31, 2012.
Applicants will be disqualified if all information is not completed and submitted to TCEA by the deadline. A committee of TCEA board members and other educators will rate each application.