The Jeri Hodges Leadership Scholarship was established in 2012 to honor a former TCEA board member
and leader in the field of instructional technology. From her work with the Teacher STar Chart to the
TATN event, so much of what Jeri did paved the way for those of us that have followed her.
These $500 scholarships are for use in attending professional development activities that will increase
knowledge of educational technology.
Two scholarships can be awarded per year.
To apply, one must:
- Be a member of TCEA (Non-members may submit membership and dues at the time of entry.)
- Be employed full time in the field of education
- Use the money to attend professional development activities that will increase knowledge of educational technology
- Have not received the scholarship previously
- Completed Scholarship Entry Form
- Submit two letters of recommendation (not to exceed one page)
- TCEA member
- An administrator, supervisor, or department chair
- A one page personal profile including:
- Number of years teaching
- Awards and honors
- Philosophy of the importance of technology in education
- Additional information that relates to this award
Active TCEA board members are not eligible to receive these scholarships.
Applications must be received on or before November 1, 2013.
Applicants will be disqualified if all information is not completed and submitted to TCEA by the deadline. A committee of TCEA board members adn other educators will rate each application.
Questions regarding scholarships:
512 450 5404
PO Box 141759
Austin, TX 78714
8134 Exchange Drive
Austin, TX 78754
512 476 8500 main
800 282 8232 toll free
512 476 8574 fax