Work For Us
The TCEA office is located in Austin, Texas. The staff is enthusiastically committed to helping educators. They work diligently to provide relevant, up-to-date information and opportunities that can help our members be successful.
TCEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage diversity in our workplace. We generously provide the following benefits for our employees:
- Employer-paid medical and dental insurance
- Generous sick and time off package
- 12 paid holidays each year
- 403(b) with up to a 7% match
- Casual attire on Fridays
TCEA is a non-profit association of more than 17,000 members around the world focusing on the innovation of teaching and learning through the use of technology. A staff of 21 works out of a beautiful office in Austin to assist educators in maximizing computers, mobile devices, and other technologies with students.
Job Title: IT Manager/Webmaster
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
SUMMARY: The IT Manager/Webmaster handles all of the association’s technology requirements, ranging from PC and server maintenance to major web initiatives. He develops, organizes, and manages the website. He envisions and provides the technology tools for staff, board, and members to meet the TCEA mission, including AMS/CRM system, email system, listserv, marketing software, and registration and exhibits software. Because this is the only tech position on staff, the IT Manager/Webmaster must possess a diverse set of skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Thorough understanding of Windows networks (AD, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Linux (Ubuntu, Nginx, AWS)
- Database and programming skills
- Ability to work with Cisco hardware (switches, firewalls, Wi-Fi)
- Knowledge to ensure network connectivity on LAN/WAN/WLAN infrastructure
- Comprehensive computer repair (software and hardware) maintenance skills
- Ability to maintain and ensure proper backups of all critical data
- Ability to lead a volunteer crew to unbox, set up, image, maintain, and break down more than 300 devices for the week-long annual conference of more than 13,000 attendees
- Ability to maintain annual conference registration system
- Support of Google Apps for Business
- Ability to update and create reports using Crystal Reports
- Monitor and maintain office VOIP phone system
- Provide technical support and participate in employee website and database training
- Monitor and maintain Wi-Fi network for both staff and guest usage
- Monitor and maintain security camera system
- Help staff implement WordPress blog site and email marketing campaigns
- Consult with design and marketing staff to plan and implement website development of a large system of websites
- Develop technical architecture of websites, including scripting, database design, and user interface design
- Create automatic systems of data and content storage on website
- Integrate new technologies into website as needed
- Manage and update existing websites
- Oversee the staff use of WordPress, Photoshop, HTML, CSS, web standards, and cross-browser coding.
- Oversee the AV technology (including projectors, sound system, microphones, and other presentation tools) used in the Conference Center of the building by members and facility renters
- Manage e-marketing campaigns using email marketing software
- Use survey software to run online voting for association elections
- Oversee member use of Lyris listserv software
- Stay abreast of industry trends and all applicable technologies, including scripting, security issues, authoring tools, graphic design tools, and new languages.
- Recommend new technology initiatives to meet member, board, and staff needs.
Bachelor’s degree or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior work in public education or non-profit association preferred.
Salary Range: $60,000 to $85,000 depending on experience
Excellent employee benefits provided including:
- Company-paid employee health, vision, dental, and ADD insurance
- Employer-matching 403(b) retirement fund up to 7%
- 18 paid holidays each year
- 10 paid vacation days each year
- 10 paid sick/personal days each year
- Choice of working hours (7:00 to 4:00, 7:30 to 4:30, 8:00 to 5:00, or 8:30 to 5:30)