December 5, 2017
Austin, Texas: TCEA recently held elections for its Board of Directors. The board is comprised of 20 area directors, each of whom serve an area that aligns with Texas’ Regional Education Service Centers, and seven executive committee members. These 27 education leaders will assume their new roles or continue their current roles in a new term starting on April 1, 2018. They will help build and guide the organization for the length of their terms.
These are the winners of the positions that were open for reelection.
3-year Executive Committee term, 2018-2020
- Vice-President: Holli Horton, London ISD
2-year Executive Committee terms, 2018-2020
- Convention Chair Elect: Charlotte Dolat, Alamo Heights ISD
- Member Services Chair: Randy Rodgers, Seguin ISD
3-year Area Director terms, 2018-2021
- Area 6: Dr. Ronnie Gonzalez, Navasota ISD
- Area 13: Cori Coburn-Shiflett, Georgetown ISD
- Area 14: Mike Neal, Clyde ISD
- Area 15: Angela Gau, Ballinger ISD
- Area 18: Mark Patrick, Kermit ISD
- Area 19: John Roach, El Paso ISD
- Area 20: Jeannine Freeman, Fort Sam Houston ISD
TCEA Executive Director Lori Gracey praised the team, remarking that, “I’m excited to see so many familiar faces committed to serving another term on our Board of Directors and to welcome new faces Cori and Jeannine. I’m also looking forward to seeing the incredible things that Holli, Charlotte, and Randy will do in their new Executive Committee roles. Under their leadership, TCEA will continue to pioneer innovating teaching and learning with technology for educators and students throughout the state of Texas and beyond.”
TCEA (tcea.org) is a nonprofit, member-based organization that has supported the use of technology in education for the last 37 years. Our primary focus is on integrating technology into the PreK-16 environment and providing our members with cutting-edge knowledge and resources through conferences, workshops, online and print publications, and collaborations with higher education and business.