Advertising in TCEA Publications
Thousands of educators and decisions makers turn to TCEA’s publications for the latest news and resources because we are a well-respected authority on ed tech content. Over 40,000 readers from around the world depend on TCEA’s bimonthly online newsletter and daily blog, TechNotes, as their “edtech hack update.” TechEdge magazine, one of TCEA’s most popular offerings, is distributed in print and digital editions to over 16,000 TCEA members.
Tell Your Story to an Audience of Innovative Educators
Show your support for educators and tell your story with an ad in the TechNotes online newsletter or blog or in TechEdge magazine. Our readers are committed to enhancing their classrooms and campuses with technology, and they are ready to learn about your solutions.
Why Advertise in TechEdge?
TCEA’s print and digital magazine publishes fresh, original content from educators and thought leaders on trending topics that follow a particular high-interest theme each issue. The magazine is distributed every February, May, August, and November. The February issue is also made available on-site at our annual Convention.
- TCEA’s quarterly magazine is read by educators and administrators who are deeply committed to integrating technology in education.
- Put your message directly in the hands of 16,000 TCEA members.
- Reach 90 percent of Technology Directors from Texas schools.
2018 Editorial Calendar
February 2018 – Digital Transformation
Insertion Deadline: December 11, 2017
May 2018 – Active Learning
Insertion Deadline: January 1, 2018
August 2018 – Empowering Students
Insertion Deadline: July 16, 2018
November 2018 – Teaching Strategies
Insertion Deadline: October 1, 2018
Why Advertise in TechNotes? TechNotes is TCEA’s blog, which publishes daily during the school year. We also offer a bimonthly online newsletter that complies the most relevant blog content for targeted subscribers. TechNotes is packed with timely information, tips and tricks, and recommended tools that can save educators time and introduce them to new solutions.
- TCEA’s blog features cutting-edge information on current events, national education news, contest results, technology integration, great teaching, and more.
- Provide your product or service as a solution for educators’ needs by writing a sponsored blog post. Blogs should be editorial and still provide valuable resources for our readers but can provide outgoing links to your product. Inquire with Susan Meyer, email@example.com, about pricing.
- Sidebar ads in the blog are also a fantastic option for getting your message in front of our blog readers. Your ad will appear on every page of the blog for a set period of time (no shorter than 2 weeks). The ads are hosted on our internal server, so they won’t be blocked by ad blockers. Inquire with Susan Meyer, firstname.lastname@example.org, about pricing.
- Blog readership: Over 40,000 readers monthly.
- TCEA’s bimonthly online newsletter focuses blog content and events for targeted audiences ensuring a high open rate and satisfied classroom teachers, librarians, tech directors, campus technology directors, and administrators.
- Each issue of the TechNotes newsletter offers one sponsorship opportunity. Your exclusive banner ad offers enormous value and visibility. These ads sell out quickly, especially in the months before the TCEA Convention & Exposition. Plan yours now.
- Circulation: Bimonthly, 20,000 subscribers.
- Rate: $1,500. Specs: 608 px by 160 px
Ad Specs and Insertion Order
For a complete guide to advertising in TechEdge and TechNotes publications, please download the advertising guidelines pdf. It contains all the ad specifications, pricing, and insertion order.
“Inside Front Cover” and “Outside Back Cover” ads are subject to availability.
All ads, except the Inside Front Cover and Outside Back Cover ads, will be placed at the discretion of the publisher based on the length and content of the articles contained within TechEdge.
All advertisements will appear in both the print and digital editions of TechEdge. The digital edition will contain a hyperlink to your website or another URL provided to the TechEdge publication team.
Digital edition branding opportunities will not appear in the print version of the magazine.
All artwork must adhere to the sizing and file requirements listed on the following page.
Additional charges may incur for artwork, typesetting, file alterations, color profile changes, or file changes needed for proper print production.
All ads must be sent to Susan Meyer (email@example.com) by the due date given to the advertiser. It is the responsibility of the advertiser to send the ad on or before the due date. If the ad is not sent in by the due date, that advertiser runs the risk of losing their ad space. No refunds will be given to the advertiser if the artwork is not published because it is not received before TechEdge is sent to press.
The following hi-res file types are acceptable:
PDF, EPS, TIFF, and JPG.
All artwork must be supplied at 300 DPI. Images from the web or created for digital content are not suitable for printing.
All color artwork must be in CMYK mode.
RGB files will not be accepted and will be converted to CMYK. PMS Colors will be converted to CMYK.
Full page ads must include a .125″ bleed.
Please do not include crop marks, registration marks, or any printer’s marks on final artwork.
All files must be 72 dpi and saved in RGB mode. Please make sure all files are at the proper size. Any size discrepancies could result in the failure to run the ad.
If providing an EPS or layered TIFF file, please outline all fonts that appear in the ad. TCEA is not responsible for the appearance of fonts that are not properly embedded or outlined.
In order to improve our records of advertiser’s artwork, please use the following naming convention for all artwork sent to the TechEdge publication department: year_issue_your company name_techedge_ad (example: 2015_nov_teaching-inc_techedge_ad.pdf)