If you’ve worked in education for any length of time, chances are you know many educators who exemplify excellence. These are the men and women who go above and beyond every day to connect with students, spin amazement out of limited resources, find creative solutions, and make their school or district a better place for children, fellow educators, and the community.
As unsung heroes striving to teach excellence and reach high levels of student achievement, educators rarely get the recognition they deserve for the critical role they play in transforming the next generation of learners. To celebrate their hard work, TCEA wants to acknowledge the outstanding achievements of amazing educators, leaders, and pre-service college students through our Educator Awards and Scholarships program.
The 2018 Educator Awards
With each year’s awards, TCEA seeks to showcase exceptional educators and leaders who have made incredible contributions in the integration of technology in schools. Award recipients receive a $1,000 prize, and two finalists in each category will receive $500 awards.
For the 2018 Educator Awards, the categories are:
- High Impact Teacher of the Year
- Librarian/Media Specialist of the Year
- Technical Support Person of the Year
- Instructional Technology Specialist of the Year
- District or Campus Administrator of the Year
- Technology Administrator of the Year
- School Board of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement for the Advancement of Technology in Education
Scholarships for Teacher and Student Success
In addition to recognizing educators already doing great things in the field, TCEA Scholarships are awarded each year to encourage the next generation of deserving teachers and students who are still mastering all that technology in education can do. Scholarships are available for undergraduate and graduate students, as well as professionals seeking continuing education. Scholarship recipients are awarded between $500 – $1,000 in prizes, based on the criteria of each scholarship.
The scholarships offered are:
- Robert E. Knight Professional Scholarship (for full-time, current educators)
- Richard A. Brown Student Scholarship (for full-time undergraduate students pursuing a career in education)
- Jeri Hodges Leadership Scholarship (for full-time educators to take advantage of professional development opportunities)
Don’t Wait – Apply or Nominate a Deserving Teacher or Student Today!
Applications are accepted this year from September 11 to October 27. Nominate the deserving educators and college students in your life, and don’t be shy about applying yourself!
The Educator Awards and Scholarships are presented at a formal ceremony and reception during the 2018 TCEA Convention & Exposition in February. So what are you waiting for? Apply for our awards and scholarships today!
Join Our Email List
Join our email list to ensure the hottest new content gets delivered to your inbox.