Are you a secret singer? I am. That doesn’t mean that I’m ready for prime time, but you never know when you’ll have your moment. As I travel to provide professional development to schools, I often stay at hotels. Rarely am I put on the first floor, which means I get to ride the elevator. I say “get to” because that’s where I think I sing the best. I only perform, though, if there is no one on the elevator with me – I’m a soloist, you see. I usually hum the note of the elevator ding and then warm up with a scale going up and then back down. Hopefully, I have time to continue after the warm-up and get to sing a song.
You may not be a secret elevator singer, but you will find these tunes memorable. They are made even better since they’ve been turned into parodies that we can relate to as educators. Some you might share with your class while others may be more appropriate for the start of a faculty meeting to get teachers pumped up for learning and networking. Without further adieu, here are my favorite song parodies for educators.
- Before He Cheats: Parody of “Before He Cheats” by Carrie Underwood
- Can’t Stop The Reading: Parody of “Can’t Stop the Feeling” by Justin Timberlake
- Read All Day: Parody of “Shake It Off “by Taylor Swift
- All About Them Books: Parody of “All About That Bass” by Meghan Trainor
- Unread Book: Parody of “Uptown Funk” by Bruno Mars
- Gotta Keep Readin’: Parody of “I Gotta Feeling” by Black Eyed Peas
- I’m Your Teacher: Parody of “I’m So Fancy” by Iggy Azalea
- What Does The Teacher Say?: Parody of “The Fox” by Ylvis
- Can’t Stop The Testing: Parody of “Can’t Stop the Feeling” by Justin Timberlake
- If I Was Your Teacher: Parody of “If I Was Your Boyfriend” by Justin Bieber
- Let It Go: Parody of “Let It Go” from the movie Frozen
- The Lazy Tech Song: Parody of “The Lazy Song” by Bruno Mars
- The Fresh Prince to the Future of Technology:Parody of “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air” theme song
- Tech Tech Baby: Parody of “Ice, Ice Baby” by Vanilla Ice
- I Will Survive (Teacher Style): Parody and karaoke version of “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor
What would you add to the list? Has your school or department created a parody of a song to showcase the work that you do? If so, share it in the comments below and let others enjoy your production. In the meantime, if you hear singing while you are waiting for the elevator, it might just be me.
Join Our Email List
Join our email list to ensure the hottest new content gets delivered to your inbox.