There are, unfortunately, relatively few heroes still seen in our world today. And even those who are heroes may not be easily identified by their capes or their white hats or their shining armor astride a white horse. But one set of heroes that we can all agree on are our teachers, the ones who work day in and day out with all of our nation’s children. There is no dedicated group of individuals in the world like you.
The Battles You Fight
In honor of your amazing work and your love for our students, TCEA would like to thank you for the following heroic endeavors as you battled a variety of monsters and evil adversaries, including:
- The late nights spent trying to come up with yet another way of making math fun
- The hours put in doing cafeteria/before school/after school/bus duty
- The time away from your family working on lesson plans and parent contacts
- The tears shed over each child who struggled or suffered or was lost
- The strain on your own budget as you purchased essential classroom supplies and meals for hungry students
- The constant need of your students for just a little more attention, a little more time, a little more love
- The criticism you suffer from well-meaning friends and family (“What an easy job; you only work nine months of the year!” “Why do you look so tired? You just have to babysit kids all day!”)
- The overwhelming number of subjects and topics you must teach every day, whether you are an elementary teacher or a high school physics teacher (citizenship, proper hygiene, good manners, life skills, applying for a job/college, making good decisions)
- The attacks by the media and some legislators on your professional judgement and dedication
In the midst of all that you do, please take time and enjoy the teacher appreciation fun that we have put together to celebrate your daily heroism. There is a playlist of relaxing music for you to unwind to; amazing discounts on all kinds of products; and ed tech tips and tricks to make your job easier and even more enjoyable.
Teaching is a calling, an overwhelming response to the question of “What can I do to make the world a better place.” We thank you for answering that call, not just once, but every single day. THANK YOU!
Join Our Email List
Join our email list to ensure the hottest new content gets delivered to your inbox.