About the TCEA Educator Awards
TCEA’s Annual Educator Awards recognize excellence in the integration of technology in schools. These awards, also known as Golden Apples, have been bestowed upon some of the most innovative and engaging educators. Award recipients receive a $1,000 prize and two finalists in each category receive $500 prizes. In lieu of the cash prize, School Board Award winners will each receive a TCEA 2017 Convention & Exposition Premium registration, plus hotel accommodations for two nights on February 6 and 7, 2017. Nominations are open this year from September 12 – October 14. Awards are presented at a formal awards ceremony and reception during TCEA’s Annual Convention & Exposition in February.
Current and Past Recipients
TCEA offers awards in the following categories:
High Impact Teacher of the Year
Library Media Specialist of the Year
Technical Support Person of the Year
Instructional Technology Specialist of the Year
District or Campus Administrator of the Year
Technology Administrator of the Year
School Board of the Year
Lifetime Achievement for the Advancement of Technology in Education
The High Impact Teacher of the Year recipient will be entered into the ISTE’s Outstanding Teacher of the Year contest. One other award will be entered into the ISTE’s Outstanding Leaders of the year contest.
- TCEA Educator Awards are open to all public, private, and parochial educators.
- All nominees must be members of TCEA except those applying for School Board of the Year and Lifetime Achievement. Non-members may submit membership dues at the time of entry.
- Previous nominees are eligible and encouraged to enter.
- Active TCEA board members, staff, or family are not eligible to receive our award.
- Number of years in education
- Summary of accomplishments
- Resume or C.V.
- Letter of recommendation
- Video or supporting documents