Special Interest Groups
Technology Coordinators Special Interest Group
TEC-SIG is the largest SIG and was established in 1989 for the purpose of providing a means of communication between technology coordinators, instructional technology leaders, and other administrators throughout the state. The organization furnishes its members up-to-date information on legislation, happenings within the Texas Education Agency, grants, and TEC SIG activities. Members share their own technology-related experiences at three yearly meetings in an effort to educate and inform each other on what is happening in the field of technology.
Become a TEC-SIG Member!
Stay up-to-date, communicate with other TEC-SIG members, and more, for as little as $20 per year.
- To encourage an active interest in technology on levels PreK-12, & higher ed throughout the state of Texas.
- To provide an opportunity to study and keep abreast of any new trends in technology.
- To improve teacher training programs in Texas in the area of technology.
- To promote professional cooperation and communication between educator/staff and administrators toward realizations of sound educational achievements.
- To provide a liaison with other organizations involved in the use of technology as an educational tool.
Click here to view the current bylaws.
Members of TEC-SIG are added to the SIG’s group inside of the TCEA Community after payment for their SIG membership is processed. Please allow at least 24 hours to be added to the TEC-SIG group. You will remain apart of the group until either your TCEA, or your SIG dues expire. If you have any questions regarding the Community please contact Matt Dawson.